The files below include all publicly available data in a zipped csv or Shapefile format. Please read the instructions.txt included in the zip files to learn how these files were assembled. Users may download data by state or for the entire country, except for Community Anchor Institution data which is only available for the entire country. When publishing results of this data, please cite NTIA's State Broadband Initiative. If you have any questions about how to use the data, or to tell us how you are using it, send an email to SBDD@ntia.doc.gov.
The Analyze functions for Rank and Summarize of the NBM are based upon a single underlying table, Analyze, which contains all possible combinations from the SBI data collection for broadband provider, speed and technology. It also contains demographic data. Users interested in analysis beyond what is provided in the NBM can download the Analyze table below.
For previous releases of this data please go to http://www2.ntia.doc.gov/broadband-data.
Dowload the Complete National Datasets
- US Broadband Availability Data by SHP
- US Broadband Availability Data by CSV (update coming soon)
- US Community Anchor Institutions
You may download the supporting documents here
- NBM Files Released
- NBM Broadband Provider List
- All Grantees Changes and Corrections
- All Grantees Methodologies
- NBM Analyze Table
- NBM Provider Table, powers the About Provider section of the NBM.